Wednesday 14 May 2008

lidell restores my faith,

jamie lidell was featured last month and on april's "the months" compilation. truly, i just can't get enough of his music at the moment, it really is the purest feel good soul. check the archive for my thoughts on his new LP (it's safe to say i liked it) and soak in these new tracks. i'm in a good mood this week, and my day to day listening is definitely reflecting that fact.


there are various artists and stories that are getting a lot of attention just now that i've not been covering. the fact is, and will remain so, if it doesn't turn me on, i'm not going to disingenuously write spiel about it. coldplay just don't excite me now, no matter how hard they try to remain current and legitimate, it's not going to work, stick to the ford focus demographic. santogold, hyped up pish in my opinion. and scarlett johansson, don't get me started on her attempts to defile tom waits' legacy, how she got bowie on board i'll never know. try checking out zooey deschanel's worthy foray into the music industry scarlett and keep on acting. i'll watch you pout on screen all day, just as long as it's not to the sound of your over produced singing voice, get woody allen back on the phone and abandon this pointless charade.



jamie's uncanny ear for a sweet tune, not superficial tat please. coldplay, SJ, i've figured you out. it's all about the soul.

download: jamie lidell - figured me out