Tuesday 13 May 2008

los campesinos! exclamation!,


this seven piece from cardiff have been battering my ear drums lately. lots of megabus journeys means lots of quality time with the ipod. it's always funny seeing whether the person in front of me turns around in disgust at the volume of it or not, i like to think myself a pretty considerate person most of the time but if it comes between me and my music then consideration can fuck off. my friends tell me i'll be deaf by thirty. but enough about me.



los campesinos! indie pop at it's finest. the hooks are present, but there's substance to boot. all 4 guys and 3 gals make full use of their numbers with skin tingling instrumentals and heady crescendos thrown into the core of acute pop sensibility. when a band take time over a drum line it shows, i'm sick of hearing half arsed drumming in my rock records, this is how it's done. the LP, "hold on now, youngster" shows these guys have the consistecy to outlive their flash-in-the-pan contemporaries, let's hope they get the audience they deserve. with a hot british summer coming up and belle and sebastian records on repeat growing old (more music please B&S!) i have my indie-sun soundtrack sorted.

download: los campesinos! - you! me! dancing!



download: los campesinos! - don't tell me to do the maths



damn! i didn't use the word septet! stay safe.