Monday 21 April 2008

the last shadow puppets,


a little let down by the second arctic monkeys album (i guess my hopes were a little too high and their play-it-safe approach didn't excite me) the last shadow puppets LP was looked upon with anticipation. the core of the group is monkey's front man alex turner and lesser known rascals front man miles kane. the two share vocal duties on the album and both's penchant for witty-as-fuck lyrics is on full display. many reviewers have noted 50s era influences and bond-like grandeur of the compositions, with stirring strings by owen pallett of final fantasy and charging drum beats.

download: the last shadow puppets - the age of the understatement



download: the last shadow puppets - my mistakes were made for you




just finished my final exam, got some coursework for tomorrow but then thats me, should be back in glasgow delivering fully featured posts by wednesday. stay safe.

No comments: